Andy Hall

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:46:36 -0000, "Rob" wrote:

he said the rule about all new boilers
having to be condensing after next April has been postponed for
several
years.

If you believe what the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister is
saying
(a risky strategy admittedly), he is incorrect.

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...eg_032806.hcsp

However, see the exceptions assessment:

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...eg_032807.hcsp

No exception for me then - a condensing boiler would fit very easily
and the neighbours aren't near enough to bother about plumes.

I guess for the majority of cases, it will be a replacement boiler in
the kitchen.

However, there are some where the exemption points exceed the
threshold.

I was discussing this the other day with my parents, who are due for a
replacement boiler in the not too distant future.

They currently have a back boiler in the living room and because of
the house layout, it is literally in the centre of the house.

So, there are 590 points for property type and fuel
A new boiler would have to go into a different room - 350 points
An extended flue of 2m would be needed to do that - 200 points
A condensate pump would be needed - 100 points

1240 points total

Whether they would be able to get a new back boiler is another thing,
of course.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl