Harold & Susan Vordos

"geoff m" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:15:35 -0800, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

snip-----

On my experience, I would recommend Hitachi :-) My DW20 (1/2" chuck,
20mmm holes in concrete) is a good machine. It's predecessor was good
until someone stole it.

Interesting observation, and I'd normally pursue the advice based on a
report such as yours, but I don't feel I should support a company that sold
a device that was not suited to the application and then dismissed a
dissatisfied customer when the problem came home to roost. No way in hell
would I get involved with that company again. Screw me once shame on you,
screw me twice, shame on me.

The triggers should be an easy fix I would have thought.
Geoff

Yep! Dead easy installation which I was more than willing to do, just like I
did the first one. I just didn't feel too good about paying for one that
was supposed to work, then buying a second one that was also supposed to
work, yet each of them failed with only a few minutes (less than an hour in
both cases) of service. At what point was I supposed to quit buying
switches @ almost $20 each? The second one was more than enough for me.
It will be cheaper to risk a HF unit, I fear. Local pawn shops had
nothing. Very small community, though. Sigh~

Harold