Andy Hall

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 00:57:49 +0000, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:35:04 +0000, Andy Hall
wrote:

IIRC, it was installed by Rentokil, so not a fly by night operation,
20 year guarantee and so on.

ROFL....

Just how pathetic would a company's behaviour over supporting its
"guarantees" have to be before they became a cowboy outfit ?
Rentokil's was worse.

Not my purchasing decision. As I recall, (and it was about 40 years
ago), sorting out of a damp course was a mortgage pre-requisite and
this was the least expensive and least disruptive option accepted by
the building society.

You have to remember that in those days building society and bank
managers were God and largely called the shots.

The bulding society also insisted that a meat safe was provided in the
kitchen..

Whether there was a back hander from Rentokil to the building society
manager, I have no idea.

Electro-osmotic damp-proofing works fine, so long as you really have
an osmotic damp problem. If you have a fibreglass house with
penetrating damp, it's probably worth a try, It might even work for
fibreglass boats, but I imagine the current would need to be enormous.

I didn't say that I thought it actually *did* anything......

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl