James \Cubby\ Culbertson

I'd imagine this might be more than you want? Runs at 3450 rpm and only
230V.

"Heath Roberts" wrote in message
om...
I need to replace a three-phase motor on a Delta 20" drill press with
a single-phase motor. The appropriate Delta part appears to be an
82-040, he

http://www.deltawoodworking.com/index.asp?e=139&p=2209

Specs a 1-1/2 HP, TEFC, Heavy Duty, 60 Lbs, 1725 RPM, 115/230V,
20/10 A, 60Hz, 7/8" single shaft, NEMA 145T frame

I found prices on this around $400.

McMaster-Carr, which isn't generally known for being inexpensive, has
a motor, part 5990K82, for $203.

It says it's a 1-1/2 HP, TEFC, Service factor 1, 1740 RPM, 115/230V,
7/8" single shaft, NEMA 145T frame.

I want a decent motor, but why pay twice as much if you don't have to?
Is the Delta more expensive just because it's got a Delta nameplate? I
know Delta don't actually manufacture their own motors...

Any reason not to buy the cheaper one? Any other places I should look?
(unless someone here has one to sell, I'd prefer a new motor from a
reputable dealer who can deliver from stock)

Thanks,
Heath