IMM

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
Just installed a Freeview box for
her and got a chance to play with it. Not nearly as good as off

air.

Strange. I've just given in and bought a Daewoo Freeview STB for 39
quid so I have something to watch in the winter evenings. The

picture
quality is astounding and the sound is so much better (even I can

tell
the difference, and I wear a hearing aid.

You snipped the bit that mattered. I was comparing FreeView to cable -
hence the bit about 'off air'.

Talking about off air ...

Does anyone know why I get BBC news 24 24 hours a day on my NTL box,

but
not during the day on my freeview box ?

Maxie, which is the best reception? Calble or Freeview?

Both equally good round here, difficult to say

So a good aerial and good signal Free is the same.