Lars S

Only $447.85 (The list was $479.99, less $25 for a Delta purchase and
less an A9 instant reward of $7.14).

On 2004-11-23 13:49:31 -0600, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
said:

Lars wrote:
This is not meant to be a gloat, but just words of optimism for those
who still have outstanding orders from Amazon's Thursday evening "fire"
sale:

Among other amazon items, my deep-discount-priced unisaw arrived today!
I realize that I am incredibly lucky, but I also feel a bit guilty
given that not everyone won the amazon lottery (or even got a lottery
ticket in time). ... But not guilty enough to give up my saw.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting.

So what did you end up paying for it? I got screwed out of my Porter
Cable brad nailer / compressor combo. Then today I stupidly ordered
something from them before I read any of the customer reviews. Upon
reflection, I decided to cancel the order. I got that "order has
entered the shipping process and can't be cancelled" crap... even
though the order was no more than ten minutes old! I called my credit
card company and they told me Amazon had already nailed me.

So I sent them an email: cancel the order or cancel the account. I
don't have much hope they'll do the right thing. Assholes.

Anyway, I'm glad SOMEBODY got to screw them.