Default Have I upset Screwfix?

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 19:12:38 -0000, "G&M" wrote:

"PoP" wrote in message
.. .
I certainly intend to!

Two days ago a job came up where I needed something urgent from
Screwfix. Placed the order (nearly £200 worth!) at 1pm in the
afternoon, and raised the ante by requesting fastest possible delivery
by 10am the next morning (yesterday). That way I could go back on-site
and do the job yesterday.

10:05am yesterday - no delivery. On the phone to Screwfix asking where
my order was. Quick check on the computer system......"I'm sorry Sir,
it was packed last night but it is still sitting in the warehouse".

I posted about their service a while back and it's got worse. So I've given
up on them where possible.
BES in Brum is good for plumbing stuff. Next day means just that.

Can't fault them myself.

If I "need" something that urgently I'll go buy it so I have it in my
hand.

If I want something "soon" I'll use Screwfix, don't give me a third
degree over delivering to work not home etc.

Order at 2.00am if I like and I can see what I want without trying to
not look a diyer at the unfriendly local "merchants" when they pretend
to not know what you want. ;-)

Mark S.