john.bunting

Default Running wires between floors 1930 Semi

I like it! Could save a lot of real problems.

JohnB

"James Hart" wrote in message
JohnB wrote:
Oh I know the feeling.

The challenge of planning mains wiring so that no matter where 'the
boss' moved the furnature there were still handy mains sockets meant
that when it came to Cat5 I followed the same proceedure. However I
used twin plates with one socket for the phone & one for the
computer. It is worth the effort in the end.

'Can I move the phone over there?'
'Yes dear, just plug the adapter in the right hand socket of that
plate.'

Mind you I lost the battle to have each socket with a number just
like at work so I rely on a master planning sheet when moving
jumpers. Some people are just too fussy over looks!

UV marker pen, the kind used for security marking things. That would

enable
you to mark the sockets but the missus wouldn't know you'd done it. Next
time you want to ID a socket, check the coast is clear and whip out the UV
light.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk