T i m

Default Improvised Angle drill

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:48:19 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
[T] I think the idea is with these electronic speed controllers you
get nearly the same 'torque' as you would at full speed. What you
don't get of course is the intertia gained from such revs? I know my
D-Walt battery drill on low speed will twist the head off a No8 screw
at pretty low revs (AC-DC the concept is the same?).

But I'd say that starting torque isn't quite the same as constant speed
running.

[T] True ;-)

You might have to use full power on your screwdriver to do this
which would result in full speed running light.

[T] Possibly, unless the 'screwdriver' was powerfull and had good
feeback in it's controller then it would run the same speed on or off
load (that's sort of the point of the 'speed controller' .. it
maintains the 'speed' (RPM) by applying more or less 'power' as
needed) ?

All the best ..

T i m