Rob

Thanks for all the great info fellas!

(Nate Perkins) wrote in message . com...
(Rob) wrote in message om...
Hey gang,
I will be receiving the new Grizz saw soon. I would like to get it
setup with a couple nice Twolf blades. Any recommendations for a good
all-around blade and one for resawing? I am a total bandsaw noob so I
don't know what to look for yet. Does Woodcraft or Rockler carry TWolf
blades, and if not, where is a good place online to get them? Thanks
for any recommendations. From all I've read, I should be very happy
with the saw for the price.

Thanks!
Rob

Hi Rob,

I have the same saw. I like it fine.

A good all-around blade is something along the lines of 3/8" with
about 4 tpi. That blade will work fine for most curve cutting and
will do a reasonable job of resawing. I used to go to a wider (1/2"
3tpi) blade for resawing; now I don't think it's worth the bother of
the blade change. A thinner blade works fine for me resawing veneer
down to 1/16".

The tuning on the bandsaw is really more important than the blade you
use. Make sure your roller guides and thrust bearing are set right,
make sure the blade is centered on the rubber crown on the top wheel,
and set the blade tension using the flutter method -- all as described
in the manual.

I've mostly used Timberwolf blades (from
www.suffolkmachinery.com).
The guys there are very helpful; just tell them that you're just
starting out and they'll give you recommendations. I've also used
Olson blades (cheap and pretty good).

Cheers,
Nate