barry martin

Default 15 or 20 Amp

David:

DD I would like to put my computer equipment on its own circuit. Would I need
DD a 15 or 20 amp breaker to do this? Are there any restrictions as far as ho

DD many breakers can be in the box? I know there is room for more. What gaug

DD wiring would this require?

I'd go with the 20 Amp circuit "just because" it's a little more
robust in case you need more current later. Maybe it's a little cool
in the Computer Room and you need to take the chill out by running an
electric heater.

And for your next question, no, you do not have to use 20A rated
outlets on a 20 Amp circuit - the 15 Amp duplex outlets are fine.

BTW, speaking of outlets, you might want to have a few more than one
or two per wall for the equipment. Also plan ahead to position the
outlets where you need them now and where you may need them int he
future should you re-arrange things. Easier and cheaper to plan ahead
for the future now.

-
¯ barry.martinþATþthesafebbs.zeppole.com ®

* A horse may go freely to water, but a pencil must be lead.
---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P003186
þ The Safe BBS þ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
---
þ RIMEGate(tm)/RGXMod V1.13 at BBSWORLD *