Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
jon jon@nospamthanks wrote:
I'm trying to undercoat plaster a brick wall that is now inside a
conservatory. I'm using browning which I am mixing fairly wet, also
wetting the wall. There is some cracking of the plaster as it cures but
more worrying is small patches that sound "hollow" as if they haven't
bonded to the bricks.

Is this likely and do these areas need to come off and be re-done?

Any idea how I prevent this from happening?

The base is drawing moisture out of the plaster too fast.

It's always a good idea to prime the wall with a weak PVA solution first
and leave to dry.

Think you should have used bonding coat rather than browning.

--
*If we weren't meant to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.