Andy Hall

Default Have I upset Screwfix?

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:09:25 +0000, PoP wrote:

I certainly intend to!

AND.....remember I paid for fastest delivery? Well they haven't
refunded that payment - so I've paid for fastest possible delivery
from Screwfix, they didn't abide by the contract, and they expect me
to pay for it. Letter has gone off to the Managing Director of
Screwfix to explain why I'm feeling very unhappy.

Given the number of problems people seem to be having with Screwfix
I'm thinking about setting up a ScrewfixSux web site where people can
record their feelings about this great company, just like you get with
PayPal and NTL (and probably others). Anyone else think this might be
a good idea?

I'd add a couple of things to this.

If you don't get a reply to your letter to the Screwfix MD in a week,
I would send another letter by special delivery and cc. it to Gerry
Murphy, the CEO of Kingfisher.

The interim annual report has some interesting remarks. I believe
that somebody posted recently that Screwfix had had a planning issue
in Yeovil and was relocating some of their business. It appears that
they are building a 30,000 sqm automated fulfillment centre in Stoke
on Trent to be operational 1st half 2004. Given this situation, I
wonder if there is a morale drop in the present warehouse because of
impending end-of-job?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl