Brian Lawson

Hey again TMT,

As promised earlier (and I must thank you for FORCING me to clean-up
some of this literature and I threw out maybe 50 pounds worth too) I
hunted through a bunch of maybe 60 catalogues I got at IMTS2004, and
surprise surprise, I found it!!

Made by the ZHENG ZHOU MACHINERY CO., LTD. SHANDONG

page 138 of the catalogue, and listed as

ZZM-10A CUTTER SHARPENER

photo is a mirror image of a Deckel single lip cutter grinder, and
also of three accessories/attachments, one of which is an end
mill/reamersharpener holder/spindle (may be what I call an
"air-bearing spindle"...zero friction), but it's hard to tell. And
another that appears to be a drill-bit sharpener. I have no idea what
the third item is, but maybe a block for square or MT taper tools??.

Specs look about the same as Deckel, at 5200 RPM, collet clamping
range from 1/8" to 1-1/8", but later mentions that they have developed
for 5C and R8, so ask about what that means. Deckels use something
around 3C size as I recall.

No prices given in the catalogue, but the price I got is hand-written
on my book by the sales guy as US $350. He was VERY Chinese, and did
not speak English too well, but seemed to understand what I was
saying. I confirmed the price by getting the guy in the next booth to
translate "for sure" on the money at $350.

I think on his card it says the name of the sale demonstrator is

Qin Xue Bing, Export Department
Guang Ming East Street, Ping Yuan, ShanDong, China.

Voice +86-534-4383281/4381762
Fax.. +86-534-4381764

email

website
www.zhengzhoutools.com

Back cover of the catalogue says email is:

****!! after all that typing... have a peek he

http://www.zhengzhoutools.com/En/zz-002770.htm

Catalogue has "more" than is shown there though.

Lemme know what happens. I should have bought the floor model, as I
suspect that the price I got was what an importer would pay, and maybe
you have to buy a shipping container full! Maybe they have a US rep??

Another booth with a very nice Chinese lady quoted me a belt-change
J-head 10 X 54 with 2 axis DRO for $2800US each FOB Vancouver, BC, by
the container load (18 machines??). I think my tool & die buddy who I
saw there is going after a container load, so anybody wants in, gimme
a shout. Probably go for about 3500 US in Windsor, Ontario, plus
taxes, but I didn't really ask him what kind of deal he cu with the
lady.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On 21 Nov 2004 11:12:58 -0800,

(Too_Many_Tools) wrote:

Do you remember who will be selling this Deckel clone?

TMT

Brian Lawson wrote in message . ..
Hey TMT,

There was a clone of the Deckel "SO" at IMTS2004 that the lady said
was $385 US. Made in China of course. Hard to believe!! I asked are
you sure. Yes! three eight five. They had J-head Bridgeport clones
with 2 axis DRO for under 4,000, with full set of R-8's and a 6" Kurt
look-a-like.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On 29 Oct 2004 16:29:31 -0700,

(Too_Many_Tools) wrote:

Thanks for the comments so far....

Don, I meant links when I asked for pictures...I should have been more
clear.

Another question....why are T&C grinders so darn expensive? The ones
that I see go for alot of money.

Of the versions mentioned so far, is there a favorite among the group?

TMT

(Too_Many_Tools) wrote in message . com...
I am looking to buy a small benchtop tool and cutter grinder.

What would you recommend and why?

Pictures would be great so we can all see what you recommend.

Thanks

TMT