Sofie

Blake:
You used a very good cleaner.... I use it in my shop all the time for pots.
It sounds to me like the pots are worn out and need to be replaced.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Blake" wrote in message
news
I just picked up a used guitar amplifier. One of the pots was a little bit
noisy, so I opened it up and sprayed all of the pots with DeoxIt D5

contact
cleaner. When I tried out the amp afterwards, all of the pots were quite
noisy. Much worse than before I cleaned them.

What happened? Did I damage the pots by "cleaning" them with the wrong
cleaner? (The label says it's for use on pots, but it really emphasized

its
ability to remove oxidation from switches.) What's the preferred
cleaner/lubricant for potentiometers?