Grouch

Default Have I upset Screwfix?

"PoP" wrote in message
I certainly intend to!

Two days ago a job came up where I needed something urgent from
Screwfix. Placed the order (nearly £200 worth!) at 1pm in the
afternoon, and raised the ante by requesting fastest possible delivery
by 10am the next morning (yesterday). That way I could go back on-site
and do the job yesterday.

10:05am yesterday - no delivery. On the phone to Screwfix asking where
my order was. Quick check on the computer system......"I'm sorry Sir,
it was packed last night but it is still sitting in the warehouse".

"Err, but I paid for fastest delivery......!"

Lots of apologies. Order was despatched yesterday.

It turned up this morning before 10am (not good enough Screwfix, but
that's an argument for another time). Delivery man had problems
stumbling up the garden path with it - it was damned heavy! Most odd,
because I hadn't ordered anything particularly heavy.

Opened the order up. About 50% of what I ordered was in the box. The
other items I had ordered were completely missing.

And there were some additional items within. 3 long flexible bath tap
hoses with valves - I didn't order those. And nor did I order the 3
boxes of stainless steel tiles which were the heavy items. Those boxes
are £110 each, so Screwfix blew it big time with this order.

Got on the blower to Screwfix, got told that the rest of my order
could not be shipped until they had received back the surplus items
and checked them back in. I told the guy to stuff it - I'd buy the
items I needed elsewhere and keep the £340 worth of goods they'd
shipped by mistake as compensation instead.

After a quick chat with Screwfix supervisor the guy on the end of the
phone said he'd got permission to send my order now, and collect
after. Great customer satisfaction - now why didn't they think of that
first?

AND.....remember I paid for fastest delivery? Well they haven't
refunded that payment - so I've paid for fastest possible delivery
from Screwfix, they didn't abide by the contract, and they expect me
to pay for it. Letter has gone off to the Managing Director of
Screwfix to explain why I'm feeling very unhappy.

Given the number of problems people seem to be having with Screwfix
I'm thinking about setting up a ScrewfixSux web site where people can
record their feelings about this great company, just like you get with
PayPal and NTL (and probably others). Anyone else think this might be
a good idea?

PoP

-----

Moral of the story is get up of your fat arse and nip down there or your
local diy saves money and disappiontment

Grouch

rm at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk

I apologise for the additional effort, however the
level of unsolicited email I receive makes it
impossible to advertise my real email address!