Grunff

Blair Malcolm wrote:

My house is 10 years old and the septic tank fitted was one intended for 4
houses which the builder had spare at the time and fitted it. I use a Septic
Tank conditioner called Septico every 4 months which results in no smells.
My wife thinks I should get it emptied but I think that the conditioner is
keeping the contents active and helps to break down the solids.
There are only two of us in the house.
Could I have ideas on the subject please.

All septic tanks need emtying. It may take you 10 years to fill yours,
but you can't wait that long because by that time the solids at the
bottom will be really, really solid. Empty it every 2-4 years.

--
Grunff