Default Running wires between floors 1930 Semi

In uk.d-i-y, Al Reynolds wrote:

PS Info about the iMac was particularly useful - I
didn't realise they could be detached. Also, I think
you're right about the books softening the noise.

Sorry to mislead - it's not an iMac (they *can't* be detached, very
much an all-in-one) but the tower Macs (a G4 in this case, pretty sure
it's true for the G5 also) and the (VESA-standard?) LCD display screen
(a bit overpriced but pretty): that's the thing with the single cable
which carried video and USB (multicore, not some encoding magick ;-)
which would make put-the-CPU-in-the-room-next-door feasible.

I'm sure I'm right about the books too: it's whether SWMBO's ears will
be convinced ;-)

Cheers, Stefek