Dave Plowman

Default Improvised Angle drill

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I built a speed controller years ago (don't think it was a Maplin kit)
so my mate could use his big angle grinder as a car polishing mop. It
had pretty good torque control. It would would work VERY slowly and
was still pretty unstoppable?

I found that my ordinary drill wouldn't go slow enough for some things -
even in low gear. I suppose the lowest it would go was about 200 rpm or so
- any slower and the motor started to smell. That's why I'm not sure an
electronic speed control would reduce the speed of an angle grinder
sufficiently to drill safely.

--
*If your feet smell and your nose runs, you're built upside down.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn