Bob

"Steve@carolinabreezehvac"
wrote in message
news:B4Jnd.130 I have a friend who smokes. He abides by my
rules in my house. I don't
visit
him because that's *his* house, and I don't make the rules

there. Nor do
I have
to suffer from his smoke (my sinuses close almost

immediately).

So I assume you have the same problem with you enter your

home...since its a
proven fact that most homes indoor air is up to 10X more dirty

than the air
outside...or are you allergic to tobacco?

You want to smoke? Do it elsewhere. Smoke free sections in

a restaurant
work
as well as pee free sections of a swimming pool. Have you

ever noticed
how
smokers smoke in a restaurant? They smoke up until their

food arrives,
put the
cigarettes out, and then fire up again after they've eaten.

Never mind
that 3/4
of the restaurant hasn't finished *their* food.

Funny....as a smoker, thats not how I smoke, but I will

consider it from now
on.
I also tend to try to accept other peoples point of view, but I

figure if
you are going to enter a place that you know that they allow

smoking, and
then complain about it, then thats YOUR problem, not mine.
Also, as someone that designs, and repairs HVAC systems in

these places that
you talk about, you DO know that no matter where you go in such

an
establishment, you are subjected to the same smoke that you

probably claim
you cant tell is there.
We have designed several systems just for folks like you and it

adds
normally 5 to 10 THOUSAND dollars to the typical commercial
installation....dont blame the smoker for the air inthe place

not being to
your liking, blame it on the owner that didnt really care to

cater to you.

But yet, in your home, where the air will be up to 10X more

dirty than in
that same establishment, you dont have anything but a

fiberglass filter, no
heat recovery units, UV lamps like are used in almost EVERY

hospitals HVAC
system, or anything resembling a decent air filtration

system...and if you
DO consider it, you gripe over the cost...yet if you walk into

my home, you
wont even know a smoker lives there....but then I knew that I

was gonna put
in the ERVs HRVs and UVCs when I bought the home....I am more

worried about
the fiberglass, asbestos and chemicals I work with than the 10

or so
Marlboros I smoke daily.

If you enter a restaurant that allows smoking, then you get to

allow the
smokers to smoke as they wish...and if you complain in one that

I am in, and
complain about MY smoke, that is your right, but its also my

right to tell
you to leave, deal with it, or stop interupting my meal.
I also have the right to reach over and bitchslap you, knowing

that you have
the right to press charges, but remember, its my right to

defend my rights
as well...

Rights my ass...where is it written that you have the right to

tell me how
to control what I do, in a place that allows it? Hint : You

dont.

I will tell you this, as someone that works on such equipment,

including the
refrigeration end of restaurants, the air quality is the least

of my
worries...bet you havent seen the inside of most coolers, or
freezers.....yet you eat that food....
There is only one place that I service, that I will eat at. I

have yet to
find any restaurant that has a clean cooler area, and what I

love is when
you get the call to come fix the cooler, to find that its been

down for 3
days, and the ONLY reason you are getting called out to repair

it, is that
an inspection is due...

You obviously have no idea how BAD cigarette smoke smells. You
probably can't even smell the smoker that just came in from his
fix. It's enough to gag many of us.

Bob