Larry Bud

(daryl1138) wrote in message om...
"Daddyman" wrote in message news:x4vnd.667$0k1.224@trnddc08...
Nope, I did and got the standard
"it was canceled due to a pricing error. We apologize for the
inconvenience."
Dude said he'd submit the order to his supervisor to see if it can be
reactivated.
I'm not holding my breath.

And yes, an explaination email would have been nice.

Russ

"Boltman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Same thing happened to my Unisaw order. Think it is worth calling them?
-Aaron

Not sure what state (or country) your in but here in Michigan they can
get pretty hefty fines for this. If the order is taken they have to
sell one unit even if the price is in error. This applies to
interstate commerce as well as I understand it. Here it is called the
pricing and scanner law. You might want to look up any such laws in
your state and pursue it further.

IIRC, the scanner law only applies to 10% of the difference up to $5.

Retailers should not be held accountable for accidentally displaying
wrong prices. Nobody is perfect. If it's a bait and switch however,
there ought to be penalties.

As a web programmer, I can certainly understand how a mistake like
this could occur. What Amazon could do is offer a $25 or $50 gift
certificate for those people affected, just as good business policy.