Fly-by-Night CC

In article ,
"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

I have a small fortune in collectible old fashioned Budweiser cans in my
walls and other out of the way nooks.

I recall cutting through a block wall in my parent's house and finding
Schafer beer cans... with can opener punched holes. Must be a 50s-60s thing.

While rebuilding our bathtub surround wall I found a '50's-'60's looking
plaid cap - not a baseball style, more of a cylindrical shape with a
short bill. I examined it and then replaced it where I'd found it - I
figured, 'twernt mine to remove.

There was a story this summer here in the Portland, Oregon area about a
guy working on the ceiling of his c.1920's dining room. If I recall, he
had pulled the ceiling light and had enlarged the hole for some reason.
Stuck his head up there to take a look around and came face to face with
a human skull. After an investigation and forensic testing, it was
determined to be someone from a native NW tribe c.1800's. Perhaps grave
robbed and obtained in the days when such acts weren't unlawful. One of
the tribes accepted the skull and buried it after a ceremony.

____

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long