Daddyman

Hi Daryl,
I'm next door in Wisconsin.
I've had two emails with them and they're holding firm to their website
posted policies regarding misprices.
Personally I think they're shooting themselves in the foot on this one.
Generally, the revenue lost by ****ing off customers usually far outweighs
the $$ lost to keep them.
I won't shop there, my friends will be recommended against shopping there,
their families... and the snowball grows.
If the upper management had foresite they would have honored the sales,
presented the moneys lost to the bean counters as a marketing expense
promoting their new amazon credit card and used it as a tax write off. (it's
just numbers on paper, right?)
Then I'd be a shopper for life because they were a stand up company who
really did care.
But, this company seems to put shareholders needs over customers. (customer
support has been outsourced, correct?)

The computer parts site Newegg.com had this happen to them a few years ago.
They had a website error that listed a product (I believe it was memory
sticks) for 1/10 their usual selling price.
A posting was made on a message board and a selling frenzy ensued.
Newegg caught the error and cancelled all the orders.
Shortly there after, the chatrooms and boards were ablaze with furious
customers who vowed never to shop or recommend newegg again.
Newegg upon seeing this turned around and honored every single original
order placed at the botched price.
The result? Happy customers who are still generating revenue for them to
this day.
Me, I've bought thousands of dollars worth of gear from them because they
are a stand up company.

Amazon thinks its the biggest dog on the porch, but a pre-Walmart Kmart and
Sears probably did too.
Time will tell.
Sorry for the rant, I've wanted to vent this for a while.

take care of yourself,
Russ

"daryl1138" wrote in message
m...
"Daddyman" wrote in message
Nope, I did and got the standard
"it was canceled due to a pricing error. We apologize for the
inconvenience."
Dude said he'd submit the order to his supervisor to see if it can be
reactivated.
I'm not holding my breath.

And yes, an explaination email would have been nice.

Russ

"Boltman" wrote in message
oups.com...
Same thing happened to my Unisaw order. Think it is worth calling them?
-Aaron

Not sure what state (or country) your in but here in Michigan they can
get pretty hefty fines for this. If the order is taken they have to
sell one unit even if the price is in error. This applies to
interstate commerce as well as I understand it. Here it is called the
pricing and scanner law. You might want to look up any such laws in
your state and pursue it further.

Daryl