T i m

Default Improvised Angle drill

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:14:18 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

In article ,
IMM wrote:
Did you have to thread the steel bar? How much is the cheapest Bosch
angle drill? Where do you get, and how much is a speed controller? I
haven' seen one of those for years.

Maplin sell a drill speed controller kit for 19.99 - VE90. You'll also
need a box and input output cables/sockets etc. It works very well, but
may not reduce the speed of an angle grinder sufficiently for some
drilling applications.

I built a speed controller years ago (don't think it was a Maplin kit)
so my mate could use his big angle grinder as a car polishing mop. It
had pretty good torque control. It would would work VERY slowly and
was still pretty unstoppable?

It has only failed once (in the 10 years since I built it for him)
when the noise filter in the IEC socket failed. I replaced it with a
non filtered socket and off it went again ;-)

All the best ..

T i m