Leon

"WD" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 13:46:33 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Maybe. Black Walnut is certainly Walnut and Walnut could be Black Walnut.
Black Walnut is also known as American Walnut. There are many different
kinds of Walnut.

Thanks.

I bought about 150B/F mix lengths and widths "old Walnut" from a
woodworker who
gave up the trade sometime back. Some of them are dark, light brown while
others
are mix brown and dark. My question is, am I correct to say it's "Black
Walnut"
without misrepresentation?

I believe that there is another type of Walnut that comes from California
but most likely you probably have Black Walnut as its color does vary from
piece to piece and in many cases on each board.

Further, can I applying Hydrogen Peroxide on the light brown walnut to
dark
darken the surfaces?

I know that some mills will process walnut differently to even out the wild
color variances but I am clueless as what HP will do for you. Since HP is
relative cheap and available try some on a scrap piece and see what happens.