GS

In article , "Jim L." wrote:
Today I tried to return my Craftsman clicker /ratchet torque wrench for a
replacement because the lock-unlock
switch is defective. Sales associate told me they only guarantee hand tools
having moving parts for one year. Hammers and screwdrivers are examples of
those with the "forever" warranty. Since ratchets have moving parts they are
only warranted for one year. I don't know what to say about adjustable
wrenches, pliers, gas torches,universal joint sockets, hand braces,tape
measures, micrometers, and so on into the night. Any others run into this
policy? Jim

I tried to return an electric sander once. I purchased it, took it home and
found that it did not work. Took it back and the store told me the
warranty had expired while it was on the store shelf. Stupidest story I
have ever heard. After creating a scene they replaced the sander. that
was the last time I have ever had dealings with Sears. And I will never have
any further dealings with them.