Doug Goncz

Default Milling 5/16 slots in 0.013 wall brass 21/32 tubing

For experiments with bicycle lighting, I have in hand six engineering sample
tubes, four of which are linear aperture in yellow. If I can get a clear
aperture tube, I intend to mask it with a brass sleeve, then add a lens.

I have a 5/16 steel die sinking mill.

I was thinking of filling the tube with plaster for support but will this wear
my cutter, and will I be able to remove the plaster after milling?

We have available a self-cleaning oven, chisels, and can get muriatic acid.

Oh, what am I saying? I should melt in some machinable wax, shouldn't I?

Ever hear of a quantum splitting phosphor? Two photons for the price of one....

I tolerance everything and tolerate everyone.
I love: Dona, Jeff, Kim, Kimmie, Mom, Neelix, Tasha, and Teri, alphabetically.
I drive: A double-step Thunderbolt with 657% range.
I fight terrorism by: Using less gasoline.