Jim Elbrecht

(tioga 0630) wrote:

Can anyone tell me the *general* age of two homes with the following
characteristics.

-snip-

Wild guess-- 1900-1920s.

Check deed & tax rolls. If it is urban & there is a street address
you can check census records, but be sure to check with the historical
society to see about street renaming or renumbering. [They might even
have a photo of it in the 30's-- part of the WPA projects]

I had always guessed my current house at 1860-1880, but discovered
this summer that it was 1891. Found a 'brand new' Indian Head penny
in the laid stone foundation while doing some foundation work.

Jim