tioga 0630

Default How To Determine A Home's Age?

Can anyone tell me the *general* age of two homes with the following
characteristics.

1) Wavy individual "decorative" parging on each foundation block
BEFORE mortaring.

2) No knob-and-tube but only fuse box.

3) Profuse arbor vitaes, "sculptable" bushes (Northeast
Pennsylvania).

4) Push-button and lighted, back-and-forth light switches.

5) Crumbling red brick chimney on fireplace-less house.

6) Hidden bevelled glass French doors at entrance to living room.

7) Single-paned huge front window bookended by unopenable panes.

8) Intensive use of terra cotta tiles as terrace material.

1) Logs and railroad ties used as floor beams; several floor jacks.

2) Extremely low ceilings, railings, banisters; very uneven door
lintels.

3) Evidence of knob-and-tube in basement.

4) Second floor bathroom dangling over sloping kitchen roof like it
didn't
exist on the original structure.

5) Painted asbestos shingles.

6) Double-hung windows WITHOUT weights.

7) Claw-legged sink in washroom.

8) Extremely large kitchen.

Thanks for reading. If you know of a good website where you can
become a "house detective," I'd appreciate knowing.