Bob Headrick

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
om...
Oh yes, Sears and their allen wrenches...a recent story for you.

I had a set of Craftsman allen wrenches (2-3 years old) which I had
broken a number of them. Finally one day I break a larger one and
decide to go get a replacement set. When I go to exchange them, the
clerk begins to remove the ones in the new set. I point out to her
that since Sears only sells these in a set, the replacement warranty
is for the set, not just for one or two of them. As she continues to
balk, I point out that if she wants me to I can break the other
wrenches in front of her so she will give me the whole set. She states
that you can't do that. I then calmly proceed to break all the other
wrenches in the old set and place the pieces on the counter.

You are exactly the kind of customers any store does not need. In replacing
the broken items they would have made your set complete, which is what you were
enttiled. Your behavior is not something to be proud of.

- Bob