John Grabowski

I wired one of those GE Advantium ovens for the Food Network a few years ago
when GE introduced them. They are the ones that cook with light. It
definitely requires a separate 30 amp, 220 volt circuit in addition to the
50 amp circuit for your stove.

John Grabowski
http://www.mrelectrician.tv

"wideglide01" wrote in message
Previously in alt.home.repair, "SQLit"
proclaimed :

Most microwaves for residential are 120v unless your buying foreign made.
Seems strange to me that your microwave draws almost as much as the

oven..
Hummmm maybe more than an microwave?
Electrical connection for the new microwave if as you described should be

an
outlet and maybe an breaker change out.
Electrical connection for oven will probably need an new run as the new
ovens require and neutral and ground conductor. (4 wires).
Check with the manufacture/ local authority to see what is required.

The microwave/oven that I'm buying is a GE Advantium 220v combination
oven and microwave. There's two versions, the 110v and the 220v. The
220v is more efficient and cooks better than the 110v version. Both
are relatively new to the GE appliance lineup. The 110v version is
approx $800 and the 220v version is $1,100.

Which ever one that I purchased, would of required an additional
outlet. Since I didn't have a 110v outlet, I figured I go ahead with
the 220v.

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's
safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.
-Unknown
Remove "die spammers" to email