Gary R. Lloyd

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:59:03 GMT, NWM
wrote:

Now I find out on another thread I started(Noob question about pilot
light), that I was ripped off. He never checked for CO in the flue,
nor checked the blower motor and blower fan , nor vacuumed the blower
motor area, nor checked the thermostat. Blower runs twice, once
during the burn and once again when only pilot is on. Thus according
to someone on the other thread, he never checked for heat rise .

THe original call was for a tuneup for 110 bucks, but it turned into a
service call because he had to perform labor replacing a thermal
coupler. Bait and switch? Man I am starting to hate everyoine in this
business. I actually thought he did a good job because he actaully got
the furnace running when the first guy didn't do a damned thing. I
htink I made the mistake of telling him that the auto setting on the
limit fan didn't work, thus he didn't bother with anything else. Silly
me, I didn't ask the guy on the phone to list all that the tuneup is
supposed to involve.

How many ****ing service techs do I have to call to get someone who
isn't an crook??????? Third time is a charm I hope.

There is a world of difference between being a crook and not finding
all problems. The first guy was a crook. The second guy was honest,
but perhaps not as thorough as he should have been. I would tend to
cut him a little slack. Give him a call and see what he has to say
about the current problem.

Is it dangerous or just costly to have the blower fan run while the
burner isn't burning and only the pilot light is on? SOunds like I am
being ****ing poisoned. But what the **** do I know. Nothing.

I see nothing in this or the other thread that would indicate you are
being poisoned, or that you are in any way endangered.

Gary R. Lloyd CMS
HVACR Troubleshooting Books/Software
http://www.techmethod.com