Steve@carolinabreezehvac

"Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" wrote in message
We just had a plumber run a dryer gas line for our new laundry room.

2 questions about the placement of the hookup:

1. The hookup runs vertically up the back wall and is about 40"
tall. I would have thought the hookup should be down low since that
is where the connection with the dryer is and am concerned that
this will now look ugly. The plumber, however, claims that it is
important to have the hookup at an accessible height so that you
can shut off the gas. What is best practice here?

HE is correct, you would be wrong.

The cutoffs by code are supposed to be easily accessable...behind the dryer
at floor level is NOT.

2. The hookup actually terminates behind the washing machine rather
than the dryer because the plumber cut the pipes short by
mistake. Is this a problem that is worth redoing so that the hookup
is behind the dryer?

Did he? Or did he think that the dryer has 2 hook ups, electric and gas,
while the washer has your water taps and there is little chance of the
washer being pushed too far against the wall that might damage the gas line?
Its where we run out ours....beside the washer hookups..

Thanks,
Jeff