Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:
Got a new range hood for the kitchen. I'm up in the attic trying to run
the exhaust vent. There's a 2x6 cleat hanging over the top plate of the wall,
that's in the way of running the duct. No prob. I'll just split the excess off
with a chisel, right?

So I go down to the workshop... this is a rough carpentry job, so I pick up
one of the old beat-up Craftsman chisels and head back to the attic, where I
reach through the access door and lay the hammer and chisel down on the board
that I had previously laid across the joists, and climb through. As I step on
the board, I jostle it slightly... and the chisel rolls off the board, into
the soffit above the cabinets, bounces once, and drops seven feet down inside
the wall.

Bye, bye.

Fishing time -- magnet on a string. no problem. grin