TURTLE

"m Ransley" wrote in message
But an interesting thing is Carirers 96.7 % Infinity is only one unit ,
the smallest 47000? btu unit, the others in that Infinity line are in
the 94 range, but if you look at the weight of the 96.7 unit you see it
is 20 or so lbs heavier than the next larger unit. Obviously more sq ft
in the exchanger. A marketing ploy yes, can furnaces be made 2-3% more
efficient, yes. So why aren`t they, competition and lack of Gov
incentives and mandates. The VS DC motors boost AFUE by 1 or so % if I
follow this right.

This is Turtle.

When you have a 96%AFUE furnace now and about 5% of the public is buying them
and the other 95% of the public is buying 80%AFUE furnaces , Well you can leed a
horse to water but you can't make him drink.

You can get the Government to start telling the manufactor what seer and AFUE
rating they will start offering and really just telling them what equipment to
make , but then you will come to a point where the manufactoring company will
say this. Well Mr. Government you have control here and I'll tell you what. You
start making these furnaces and we are going to make other things. Can you
picture what a gas furnace would cost with the Government making and designing
it. Does the words " A $1,200.00 Toilet seat ring a bell anywhere here" ?

TURTLE