Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
IMM wrote:
Right. Suppose it makes some sense. Any combi should be ok for just
the kitchen tap. Could it still be used if the central heating side
was drained down for any reason?

Generally yes. In fact this last week I installed a small heating
system completely from scratch. I removed the existing multipoint and
installed the boiler on the first day. Closed the flow and return
isolators, filled it, bled it, and the user had hot water again by the
end of the day. Not all combis will tolerate this, the model in
question was a Vaillant 828, but most would I think.

Thanks for a comprehensive answer, Ed.

Most combi's will act as a stand alone multi-point as long as the CH is
is charged with water. What this know-it-all-fool wants to know is if a
combi will operate with the CH side dry. They will not.

Mind reading again, idiot?

--
*I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.