Mike

"Alan Campbell" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I've recently renovated a house from near dereliction. Got all the
required approvals etc, and things have been mostly fine.

I changed plans by adding a porch and building control said that was
fine, it was small enough that they didn't care but I decided to
change things and move the (oil) boiler from the proposed location
(kitchen) into the porch.
They now say that changes things and I must now do full calcs,
drawings etc for the porch.

You either need to do plans (full plans) or submit calculations (building
notice). But never both.

A friend had one recently here who asked for calculations after full plans
for a balcony were submitted bit a word with his boss (who almost admitted
said idiot didn't know how to calculate moments) got things sorted out.