Eric R Snow

SNIP

What bothers me a bit is, where are the controls for that
boom? There had to be an operator, and I cannot see him
on the landward side of the crane, so I suspect the
hydraulic controls are on the sea side. And I didn't
see anyone go in the drink - so he must have had time to
get away.

My suspicion is he's the guy closes to the edge, wearing
all dark (brown/black) clothes, peering over the edge in
disbelief. I bet I know what he's saying, too....

Jim

I recently had a machine moved by a boom truck. The operator had a
wireless remote control that was suspended from straps so that the
whole thing was worn like a vest. The joystick etc. were resting on
his stomach and he was able to walk all around as the load was moved.
And more important was able to stay well away from anything that might
hurt somebody.
ERS