Bob K 207

Gary-

I'm with you on "smoking saves the govt money over the long haul".

Before everyone jumps all over me.......I don't smoke, don't really like second
hand smoke but I dislike the govt bossing everyone around.

Let small groups decide, millions of individual decisions have got to be
better than the folks in DC or the statehouses.

Vote with you feet & your $'s; go (or don't) to smoking or non-smoking
restuarant or place of work.

On the "smoking saves the govt money over the long haul" thing........

Everyone eventually dies, some large % of ones total lifetime health care
expenditure is expended very near the end of ones life.

So if one is on Medicare & Social Security after he stops working then is it
not economically beneficial to the govt to minimize the time spent on these
programs?

Is this not why the govt is raising the retirement age?

I think the anti-smoking crowd should at least be open to the concept that
perhaps smoking is a net postive cash flow for the govt.

As long s it kils the smoker after he has stopped working & paying taxes

Also as big believer in the power of tech, why not just control the smoke at
the source, air cleaning ash trays as well as HEPA filters.

BTW indoor air quality is pretty bad even without smoking.........blue staters
maybe we need some federal indoor air quality standards?

cheers

Bob

this is for Gary, have you considered growing your own? I looked into it &
smokes can be grown for a small fraction of the current retail cost