Alan Campbell

Default Building regs and boiler in porch

Hi,

I've recently renovated a house from near dereliction. Got all the
required approvals etc, and things have been mostly fine.

I changed plans by adding a porch and building control said that was
fine, it was small enough that they didn't care but I decided to
change things and move the (oil) boiler from the proposed location
(kitchen) into the porch.
They now say that changes things and I must now do full calcs,
drawings etc for the porch. The BCO is somewhat sketchy about why -
"just because it has to".
I don't want to get on the wrong side of him about this.

Anyone here know why or should I just do as he asks as it is
impossible to win with building control?

Thanks,

Alan.