IMM

Default I LOVE Speedfit! - bad batch of copper pipe

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

snip
I think quite a few respondents are losing
sight of the DIY aspect of all this.
For DIY read - "some people only do this
once every year or so - or perhaps
only once".

very true!! That is why I always recommend combi's and copper pipe with
brass push-fit. Brass push-fit fittings are now about the same price as
plastic push-fit and copper pipe is buttons. The best by far use

plastic
in
coils for inaccessible places where you can thread it.

Yep - forgot to mention that I fell in love with plastic pipe first.
I had a piece of copper fail with mains cold water.

[I am told there was a very bad batch of
copper many years back and this
resulted in copper pipes corroding and
starting to leak.

It was mainly cheap Eastern European stuff. You got what you paid for as it
was cheap. Who is to say there will not be a bad batch of plastic? Someone
didn't set the control right for the right mix of plastic? I have never had
copper pipe fail on me. I have only overheard rare stories from others.

---