IMM

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:33:48 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
IMM wrote:
Yes,why oh why do combi installers chuck out a perfectly usable
cylinder,especially in large family houses?. My view for family
properties is to keep the cylinder,feed it from the combi,obviously
make sure things are well insulated/controlled.

This that is your view you should change it, as the cylinder will

burst.

Strange. I know of one system where the combi heats a tank in the normal
way, and the water heating side is used just for the kitchen. Not sure
what the benefits are, as the owner is as mad as you.

I installed a similar system for my nieghbours directly opposite my
house. S-plan for the house, combi HW for a sink in the garage below the
house. They like baths and it would have been hard to gain access to the
HW pipes under the kitchen floor to supply the garage sink.

Find how water systems work. here are high flow combi's around, that
will do a large family.

And the cost to achieve this, assuming a good storage system already
exists?

The cost IMHO is less significant the space taken up in the kitchen
(usually). The space to be lost in the kitchen would usually be more
precious than the space gain in the loft and/or airing cupboard.

????

An advantage of a combi is that it liberates space tanks and cylinders
take up.

Not everyone lives in a rabbit hutch.

Round here a lot do.

Most do. You find that a cylinder removed from the airing cupboard and a
small rad installed is greatly appreciated. The space it releases is
phenomenal. Using Elson tanks can make a difference. The square shapes take
up far less space. Gledhill now make the XStream unvented cylinder in a
square shape, with all connections on one side.