On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 16:15:23 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

Got a new range hood for the kitchen. I'm up in the attic trying to run
the exhaust vent. There's a 2x6 cleat hanging over the top plate of the wall,
that's in the way of running the duct. No prob. I'll just split the excess off
with a chisel, right?

So I go down to the workshop... this is a rough carpentry job, so I pick up
one of the old beat-up Craftsman chisels and head back to the attic, where I
reach through the access door and lay the hammer and chisel down on the board
that I had previously laid across the joists, and climb through. As I step on
the board, I jostle it slightly... and the chisel rolls off the board, into
the soffit above the cabinets, bounces once, and drops seven feet down inside
the wall.

Bye, bye.

The irony is that my good chisels have flats on the handles, and won't roll.
If I'd used one of those, I'd still have it. :-(

magnet. telescoping paint roller handle.