Larry Jaques

"Greg Millen" wrote in message
I've thrown together a page with pics of BUFF being assembled. Note the
savage shop-dog guarding BUFF.

I notice in one of the pics that the table looks small with the blade
raised, the blade is a 12" Freud.

WTH you gotsk a plywood blade on that beast for, son?

The table is actually quite large, maybe
it's because the extensions had not been fitted. I still haven't cut
timber and have had a few teething problems; the Suva guard (overhead
guard) had a weld preventing the cover lock knob from fully engaging so I
had to re-tap the hole. I was also supplied with the fence rail for a
machine without a sliding table, so it has to be replaced (2 days sigh).

Where's your rag, magnet, and catch paper on that process, sir?
tsk tsk tsk

http://woodworking.homeip.net/wood/buff/index.htm

Although the manuals are typical Taiwanese output, they give no indication
of tuning the sliding table to fit, although they do mention part way
through the assembly list "at this point a lot of adjustments should be
made" (with no indication of what they may be).

Making the slider flat and parallel with the saur table but an RCH
higher. (Unfortunately, the Taiwanese don't know what an RCH is.)

Still, I figure it's a good way to get to know what makes BUFF tick.

That's always good.

Short stats:
12" blade
240v
3hp
15amp draw on start
table is 48" x 30"
can crosscut a 4' x 8' panel
arbor speed 4000rpm
50" rip to right of blade
riving knife travels with blade
magnetic switch

Good stuff. Humongous table, plenty of power, wide rip/crosscut,
and a sliding table to boot. Very cool.

Yeah, you suck.

-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive --