Ba r r y

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:48:21 GMT, max wrote:

I work at a camera store in SF. Amazon approached us to see if we would be a
vendor for them. They said they work on an 8 % margin. Whatever we offer for
sale, we ship from our location and the pay us the sale price less 8%. It
sounded like a good deal except that they will not deal with sales tax and
we have to charge tax for In state sales. We had to turn them down. I wonder
if their margin is 8% for everything?

I have two local guys who routinely beat their tool prices. Tools
don't retail at an 8% margin. The 8% is simply Amazon steering extra
sales to the existing camera store.

However, they may get 8% of Tool Crib's margin. The wholesale prices
I spoke of could be Tool Crib's price. AFAIK, Amazon owns Tool Crib.

Barry