IMM

Default Improvised Angle drill

"Tony Bryer" wrote in message
In article , Kalico wrote:

So when can you start mass producing these and selling them to
use for a reasonable cost? Sure there must be a market for a
gadget like that.

You have to satisfy CE safety etc, which I'm sure a cheap conversion kit
would not.

Put a blunt drill in and at that speed you'd probably burn through
the joist. But for someone like Ferm ISTM that they would only have
to change the gear ratio and add a chuck to be able to offer a £25
angle drill, though when we discussed this a while back the feeling
seemed to be that the market just wouldn't be big enough.

All the big players make battery angles drills: DeWalt, Bosch, Makita.
Ryobi have now come on board and there are a few brands only available in
the USA too. And you may find soon that others will follow. A cheap main
drill can be thrown together for under £20.