Gary R. Lloyd

On 19 Nov 2004 11:33:51 -0800, (rotation slim)
wrote:

Let me get this straight, your smoke eventually finding the way into
my nostrils is your right?

Can I stop by your desk and Fart?

Can I bring in a super soaker and squirt you. Shouldnt it be my right
to point that thing and pull the trigger? Why would water, a harmless
substance for the most part be any less protected then cigarette
smoke? In your twisted world it should not be.

I should also be able to play my rap music as loud as I want, if you
hear it at your desk, that is tough luck, it isn't harming you, it is
a minor annoyance, no less annoying than the smell of smoke.

Also since you are zeroing in on rights... isn't the right to have air
that is not polluted by someone else pricipal above any other rights?
I can think of nothing that gives you the right to pollute my air
with foul smell.

So should a factory have the right to put out any noxious gasses that
it wishes, it aint a whole lot different than what you are doing.

All that is accepting your fairy-tale theory that second hand smoke
doesn't actually harm folk, which it does.

Look brother, I am there for you in the personal rights area, but the
fact of the matter, no matter what amount of sophistry you can conjure
up, is that nothing in any rational mind gives someone the right to
pollute my air before I breath it. Not smokers, not factories
belching out pollution, not the guy on the desk next to me farting..
it should be just common sense.

As for taxes, I don't disagree, If I am supporting the cig tax I need
to as well support a tax on my twinkies, which make me fat. I am
with you there brother.

Back when the non-smokers rights movement started, what I fully
expected to see was a restaurant with a no smoking sign, next to a
restaurant with a smokers welcome sign, next to a restaurant with
smoking and non-smoking areas available. That's how a free market
solves these sort of problems. Everybody gets what they want, and they
vote with their dollars. No laws needed.

That's not how dictators solve problems. Dictators divide everyone
into us and them on every issue, and pass laws forcing one side's
values upon the other side. The other side is supposed to just smile
and take it. And then comes the taxes.

Roughly 1/4 of the population uses tobacco. ****ing off one out of
four people can't be good for the country.

Liberals are thieves and dictators, unlike
conservatives who are dictators and thieves.