LASERandDVDfan

I'll take suggextions, but if this problem isn't resolved I'll start shouting
from the treetops not to buy their crap.I'm sick of these friggin companies,
they require registration before they'll send you drivers. Whatever idiot put
their "stripped" Nero CD together did fine with the front end, but

First off, you bought a computer accessory from a relatively unknown brand.

You cannot expect good customer service from these kinds of companies. In
fact, you can't really expect decent service from known brands, either.

Whatever idiot put
their "stripped" Nero CD together did fine with the front end, but that's all
that's there.
I checked the directory of the CD to find this out. Now these
friggin idiots are only giving you Nero lite, not the full blown version and
I'd suspect it'll only work with their drive.

A lot of drive manufacturers have that problem.

I've got EZCD 5 plat. w/ the 2002 update but this drive was built in 2003.
It'll burn a CDRW fine with the set speed, however on a fast CDR blank it
screws up.

Not really a surprise, considering that it's Roxio.

Instead of screwing with them, just take the plunge and buy the most recent
version of Nero.

Or, download the most recent version of CDRWin from Golden Hawk Technology.

It just stops after about ¼ of the disk. There are probably
parameters I can set to stop this, like telling it not to go beyong 30X or
something, but I'd rather not.

You can check to see if there are any programs running in the background that
can hog enough resources to keep the drive from writing at its max CD-R
recording speed, like active anti-virus programs or what-not.

Be sure that your computer is also up to snuff with its housekeeping. A
computer with a fragged HD will take longer to do various tasks, which could
result in problems during a write if the HD has to stream anything to the
writer. Defragging will organize the file structure of the HD, so the HD won't
have to hunt quite as long.

Also, I'm a bit of an old-schooler, but I'd never write any higher than 4x.
IMO, a lot of cheap and even some quality CD-R media just won't write worth a
damn at high speeds as fast-written discs tend to have much higher levels of
BLER. - Reinhart