Dave Mundt

Greetings and Salutations..

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:24:30 GMT, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

"Sunworshipper" wrote: Looks like the out-rigger / stabilizer slipped off
of the rock. What is the truck gushing out right behind that out-rigger on
its way down?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I will guess that this was the scenario: The boom was just a little too
short to get over the fallen car, so the operator placed his outrigger very
close to the edge. As the car came out of the water its full weight caused
the crane-truck to lean, making the outrigger slip off.

I'll bet the gushing liquid is diesel fuel.

That is a great sequence, and, I am going to post it at
the shop, as yet another example of watching out. The fact that
we just put in some overhead cranes will make the images
all the more effective.
However, as to the fountain below the pole-vaulting
crane in the 4th picture....Look closely at the car. It has
fallen kind of sideways into the drink (again), and, I suspect
that the fountain is actually a blow of water vapor coming up
through the engine compartment, and being focused by the
sprung and twisted hood.
I was kind of amused by the fact that the guy in the
gray shirt, "supervising" next to the red-shirted operator
totally vanished between the 3d and 4th frames. He apparently
decided that he was a bit TOO close to the flipping truck.
I also kind of admire the photographer, for gettting
such a good shot of the flipping truck in mid-fall. That
is great timing!
Regards
Dave Mundt