Michelle

"NSM" wrote in message
news:8bqnd.171131$df2.8523@edtnps89...

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
| (LASERandDVDfan) writes:
|
| Would probably be worth salvaging the control board, power

transformer,
| magnetron, etc from the unit though as they're all quite new and

could
be
| used to repair other units. If you take the microwave to an appliance
repair
| shop they'll probably happily take it off your hands for parts.
|
| Absolutely, and a much better alternative to just throwing it out. -
Reinhart

| And at the very least, you'll have a complete set of replacement parts
| for the other oven should something go wrong.
|
| But if someone is willing to do some work, it could be repaired safely

as
noted
| in a previous post.

On balance of danger vs. time and effort vs. value this is a poor choice

repair IMO. I got a brand new Sharp sensor 1200 W (with some slight store
scuffing) on eBay for about $35 delivered - and it came with a warranty.
There are so many microwaves out there so cheap it's not a route to go.

This was an expensive model, a Spacemaker XL1800, that we considered
salvaging.

Thanks for all the input everyone. I think we'll recycle it -- it's just
not worth the chance.

Michelle